Sunday, April 15, 2007

Paraguay

So it's a rainy day here in the woods. Denise and Mike haven't done a darn thing all day. Unless you call watching baseball all day doing something. I have been very busy keeping different parts of the couch warm for them. I also spent some time keeping their bed warm. I've been on watch dog duty all day. I lie on the couch and then get up to look out the window for squirrels, deer or turkeys. You never know when these wild animals will attack, it's my job to keep Mike and Denise safe. They don't appreciate my efforts. When I am on the bed they send me to go keep the couch warm, when I'm on the couch they yell at me to go keep the bed warm. When I bark or growl to scare off those vicious squirrels, they tell me to quiet down. I know they don't understand, but I will keep up the good work.
Yesterday, they worked 'like humans', cleaning the house, the garage and Mike built a deck. Denise probably spent about two hours just vacuuming my hair off of every inch of the couch. Don't worry I have spent the better part of today getting my hairs just where I like them, embedded into the fibers of the couch. Denise gave me a bath the other night because she said I smelled worse than corn chips. I probably lost about five pounds between the hair that came off and the shivering I did the entire time I was in the bath. Denise spent about an hour cleaning up after that too, fool. If she would just leave my shedding be we'd all be happier and have more time on our paws for other things.
I hear there is a plan to build me some kind of a pen. This is Mike's idea. He wants to build something behind the house, so it can't be seen. Don't they know it'll never work, I'll hate it, I'll get out of it, I'll show them:)

No comments: